Welcome, Baruchians and BCCHS Families. We are excited to launch another year learning together. We will continue to celebrate our Core Values:
Community, Real World Connections, Global Citizenship & Rigor
Our classes are centered around these Core Values and our advisory is the heart of our school, ensuring that all students have an advocate and families have a connection to the school.
We believe that schools are so important in creating a safe, nurturing space for all students. We seek to develop our young Baruchians into amazing adults by working towards our 3 E’s:
Empathy, Extraordinariness and Enthusiasm
This year, we welcome our incoming class of 2021 to our school community, along with many new faces in 10th, 11th and 12th grade.
We also welcome several new staff members:
- Laird Jonas returns to BCCHS after a twelve year hiatus, and is teaching 12th grade math.
- Carolyn Marenghi joins our 9th grade science and math co-teaching team.
- Jenny Gumina joins our 12th grade English and history co-teaching team.
- Anne Cortissoz joins our 12th grade math and science co-teaching team.
- Shannon Chen is our school nurse this year.
- Jossie Forman joins us after student teaching here last year as our 11th grade math teacher.
We are excited to get to know all our new community members and to welcome back familiar faces.
Here’s to a great school year!