Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome (back) to BCCHS! We hope you had a great summer and are ready for the new school year.
We are writing to ask for your participation in the 2018-2019 BCCHS PTA Direct Drive. Each year, the Direct Drive offers significant support to the BCCHS PTA budget. The Department of Education funding allocations do not cover all of the costs associated with an honor’s school education and the Direct Drive helps to bridge this gap and allows the School to offer:
- Expansion of music and arts programs
- Innovative and creative curricular programs
- College planning with Naviance
- News literacy with Newsela
- Online grade systems with Pupil Path (formerly Engrade)
- Field trip to Greenkill for freshmen
- College trips for juniors and seniors
- Classroom supplies for teachers
- Athletic supplies
- Student recognition awards (Senior Awards, Athletics, National Honor Society)
- Technologically adapted and well maintained facilities
- Professional development opportunities to our faculty and staff
Above all, the Direct Drive allows us to maintain the standard of innovative instruction that distinguishes us from other schools. Our students are engaged each day through our curriculum grounded in our Core Values of Community, Real World Connections, Global Citizenship and Rigor, with faculty who are dedicated to bringing out the best in each individual child.
We hope that you will support the Direct Drive. We suggest a contribution of $750 but we truly welcome any amount you can contribute. We seek 100% parent participation as a sign of our shared commitment to Baruch College Campus High School’s mission.
BCCHS PTA is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. All contributions are fully tax-deductible.
To a healthy and happy 2018-19 school year,
Alicia Perez-Katz, Principal BCCHS
Sheryl Adams and Shino Tanikawa BCCHS PTA Co-Presidents