1. Special Education Teacher: ICT
BCCHS is seeking a dynamic, innovative and supportive Integrated Co-Teaching (ICT) teacher to join our team. This position is for a math/science ICT teacher, as our ICT program grows.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Special Education. Master’s Degree preferred.
NYC license in Special Education. Dual-licensed teachers preferred. (ex: Math & Special Education)
Or, background in math or science (coursework)
At least one year of relevant experience (can include student teaching) in a high school or middle school setting.
This position will entail co-teaching with a general education teacher in one grade level, across subject areas. For instance, this program could entail: co-teaching in English literature, Science, math and/or science.
Teachers are expected to:
- Plan collaboratively weekly. The special education teacher will lead one lesson per week, and make modifications to daily lesson plans to support student’s IEPs.
- Take an active role in the classroom.
- Write IEPs on SESIS, hold parent and student meetings, and update all compliance related to special education.
Advocate for the students’ with the general education teacher and school population.
- Teach an advisory class, which involves setting goals with students, helping them find books to read independently, and leading whole-class discussions.
- Communicate with parents about student’s progress.
- Be actively involved in the school community – coach a team, start a club, volunteer for events with students.
- Share knowledge on current educational practices of special education with the school community.
- Teach SETTS classes for students, focusing on study skills and skill acquisition (improve reading/math skills)
- Integrate online learning platforms, such as Achieve 3000
- Assess student progress by maintaining student grades for co-teaching classes.
- Have familiarity with Universal Design for Learning and Understanding by Design for planning frameworks, or an equivalent
- Incorporate our school’s Core Values in planning and instruction: real world connections, rigor, community and global citizenship.
- Support a wide-range of students in achieving success at the honor’s level
Position begins effective September, 2017
Teacher salary rate as per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Please submit your resume and detailed cover letter, addressing items described in this posting to: Alicia Pérez-Katz, Principal: email@example.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO