Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome (back) to BCCHS! We hope you had a great summer and are ready for the new school year.
We are writing to ask for your participation in the 2018-2019 BCCHS PTA Direct Drive. Each year, the Direct Drive offers significant support to the BCCHS PTA budget. The Department of Education funding allocations do not cover all of the costs associated with an honor’s school education and the Direct Drive helps to bridge this gap and allows the School to offer:
- Expansion of music and arts programs
- Innovative and creative curriculum
- College planning with Naviance and college trips for juniors and seniors
- News literacy with Newsela
- Online DOE-integrated grading system with Pupil Path (formerly Engrade)
- Field trips to Greenkill for freshmen
- Classroom supplies for teachers
- Athletic supplies
- Student recognition awards (Senior Awards, Athletics Awards, National Honor Society)
- Technologically adapted and well maintained facilities
- Professional development opportunities to our faculty and staff
Above all, the Direct Drive allows us to maintain the standard of innovative instruction that distinguishes us from other schools. Our students are engaged each day through our curriculum grounded in our Core Values of Community, Real World Connections, Global Citizenship and Rigor, with faculty who are dedicated to bringing out the best in each individual child.
We hope that you will support the Direct Drive. We suggest a contribution of $750 but we truly welcome any amount you can contribute. We seek 100% parent participation as a sign of our shared commitment to Baruch College Campus High School’s mission. BCCHS PTA is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. All contributions are fully tax-deductible.
To a healthy and happy 2018-19 school year,
– Alicia Perez-Katz, BCCHS Principal
– Sheryl Adams and Shino Tanikawa, BCCHS PTA Co-Presidents
- Cash donations, please complete the donation form and give it to the Parent Coordinator in the office. Please avoid sending cash to school with your child.
- Check or money order donations, please complete the donation form with a check made out to BCCHS PTA and mail to: BCCHS PTA / 55 East 25th Street / New York, NY 10010
- Credit Card or Paypal, please go to PayPal or click the button below