Month: May 2019
PTA Executive Board Election
Parent Guardian Light Breakfast
Presentation SAT Versus ACT – Revolution Prep, Robin Kaufman
The ACT and SAT are difficult—yet coachable—exams that are critically important for college admission.
In this session, we will introduce the common challenges students face on these exams as well as what makes them unique, so that you can begin to identify which test is the best fit for your child.
We will also discuss how to develop a long-term preparation plan to put your child in the best position to succeed.
Come join us for an engaging presentation over a light breakfast.
- Talking to Kids When They Need Help
- APA and PTA Webinar: How to Tell When a Kid is Struggling Emotionally
- Teen Suicide Is Preventable “Teen suicide is a serious problem. But there are signs to watch for, and resources for help,” according to the American Psychological Association.
- Stop a Suicide Today is a school-based suicide prevention program that has experienced success with a documented reduction in self-reported suicide attempts. Developed by Harvard psychiatrist Douglas Jacobs, MD, Stop a Suicide Today teaches people how to recognize the signs of suicide in family members, friends and co-workers, and empowers people to make a difference in the lives of their loved ones. It emphasizes the relationship between suicide and mental illness and the notion that a key step in reducing suicide is to get those in need into mental health treatment. ACT: Acknowledge, Care, Treatment
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or visit www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s mission is to provide immediate assistance to individuals in suicidal crisis by connecting them to the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider through a toll-free telephone number.
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education(SAVE) or call: (800) SUICIDE
- NYC Well – Talk. Text. Chat. 24-7
- Trouble coping? Don’t struggle alone. For you or someone you care about.
- NYC HealthMap Check out all the HEALTH resources available in NYC
May 7, 2019
The health and well-being of New York City students, families, and staff is a top priority for the Department of Education, and we would like to share important information about two recent measles cases in public school students. These students did not attend school while infectious, and students have not been at risk of contracting measles while at school. We are sharing this information out of an abundance of caution and to remind you of our vaccination policy.
Vaccination is the best way to prevent measles. Anyone who has received two doses of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine is highly unlikely to get this infection. At this time, the risk to students in public schools remains extremely low given the high rate of vaccination in students.
2019 年 5 月 7 日
紐約市學生、家庭及員工的健康是教育局的第一要務，因此我們要告知您有關最近兩宗公 立學校學生出現麻疹的病例。這些學生在可感染別人時沒有上學，在學校的學生也並沒有 感染麻疹的風險。 接種疫苗是預防麻疹的最佳方法。任何接種了兩劑麻疹、腮腺炎、德國麻疹混合疫苗 （MMR）的人感染這種疾病的可能性極小。目前，鑒於學生當中接種疫苗的比率非常 高，公立學校學生所面臨的感染風險仍然非常低。
要提醒您的是，紐約州公共健康法規定，除非獲准免於接種疫苗，否則所有學生都必須接 種麻疹疫苗或顯示對麻疹已具有免疫力才能就讀公立學校。您可以上網查閲學校的免疫要 求，網址是 schools.nyc.gov/immunization，也可瀏覽網站 www.nyc.gov 並搜索 「immunization requirements」（免疫要求）。
From Coach Juan:
I have a wonderful squad at the Girls Varsity Softball Team. They love the sport. Some are very good players. Most are new to the sport and learning the ropes as we go since the softball season in NYC is extremely short. I have coached this team for my fourth season with the current one. We were a Class C team the year I took over. Since we moved to B division and currently, we are at A division, undefeated after six games this season. We still have a lot to learn but thankfully, I have a team eager to learn the game.
A team shows players comradery, the value of team work, even when they go out in the real work and become part of the work force. I believe if the players have equipment that is better suited for them, they will participate with more impetus and eagerness.
The safety aspect is also of prime importance when the player can trust their equipment works to their advantage and won’t fail them.
They give it their all more confidently. We want our girls to go out there and have a good time as they learn the game of softball. We don’t want them to spend their time afraid of what can happen, but instead to concentrate on improving their game level.
Where Your Donation Goes: